Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

I want to look like this when I’m sixty-five!!

 

chic2_photoblog500

Did you hear the latest?

The charming, quirky, and supremely stylish, Diane Keaton has finally got her own fashion line at the age of sixty-five! Chico’s which currently operates 57 stores nation-wide, has chosen Keaton to be the new face for their 2011 holiday campaign. How utterly cool is that?

Diane Keaton continues to show us all how to age with grace and confidence. At age sixty five, she is the director of short films, rock videos, and feature movies; a photographer; an art book editor; an adoptive single mother of two — a girl, Dexter, 15, and a boy, Duke, 10; a model for L’Oreal anti-aging beauty products; and on her spare time, she loves restoring homes and fighting on behalf of historical landmarks.

But forget all these accomplishments. I love the fact that she’s so damn comfortable in her own skin. Here are some comments that illustrate this distinct brand of female beauty.

Chic1_photoblog500

On her famous nude scene (age 55) in the movie, Something’s Gotta Give:

“Don't I have to do it? This woman becomes lost in the love affair of her life and she's this age, might as well as show it, and say this is still here and it's great to be this woman in love. At any age. It's fun, it's a dream come true. Falling in love is rare. To have to play this for the first time, when you're age 55 is like, "Wow! That's a lot." Can I go back there and revisit the exquisite beauty of falling in love with somebody and getting lost in their face? Getting lost in their being. God, that's heaven. That is the human experience and that's why this is such a great role, the idea of playing someone in love.

On the idea of plastic surgery:

“I’m stuck in this idea that I need to be authentic … My face needs to look the way I feel. Actresses are constantly trying to please everyone, or at least I am. But I don’t think plastic surgery solves your problems.”

on how Mothering has affected her life:

“ Mothering of course, is by far, the best choice I ever made…what can I say? (the subject of mothering ) is just too profound…”

On having regrets:

I regret not telling my mother how much I loved her. Or looking my father straight in the eye and saying, I-love you. I-Love-YOU!”

On being insecure:

“It’s in there. It’s in the DNA, but I’m still going to keep going. I’m going to try as many things as I possibly can, I’m going to make the most of what I have, in the time that I have left.”

On Chico’s clothes:

You know what I like about Chico's? They are who they are. Individual. (Like me). And incredibly expressive," Keaton said in a WWD interview. "Chico’s understands women. ..Love makes the world go ’round. And so do hats and gloves and a fabulous belt.”

chico

Click on Chico’s for a look at the clothing line.

 

Sources; interview with Katie Couric-November 2010; interview, More Magazine, 2004.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...