Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

my life looks like this right now…

246431410829850503_aLqMqWSK_bottomoflaundrybas

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I’m still here, and yes, I’m dying to start writing posts again, but right now, I’m buried under an avalanche of final details for the Loyola Guild Installation Lunch. It’s crunch time and tomorrow I turn in the final head count to the Del Paso Country Club. The big day is Wednesday!

In the meantime, I’ve been busy adding my French Country details to the event.

DSC_0608

Here’s one of my projects that I’ve finished: I made little party favors for all the guests out of (guess what?) peat moss containers! I’ll post the DIY directions and the finished party favor shortly.

I’ve also finished making my chalkboard “Reserved” sign out of poster board and paint sprayed frames…

DSC_0738

DSC_0750

After your chalkboard paint dries, don’t forget to rub chalk on it before you use it.

Here’s a photo of my unfinished clothespins in the process of being decorated. I’ll use these to hold the paper and small gift that will be given to each Board member. To decorate the clothespins, I used vintage music sheets and pretty paper.

DSC_0735

Wait to you see how cute they turned out with a few added embellishments!

DSC_0624

And I love the fabric that I found for the overlays. It’s a beautiful blue toile.

Tuesday I pick up the flowers for the centerpieces. I can’t wait. I’ve had fun trying to decide on the flowers for the vintage flower box that I made. Remember this DIY tutorial?

DSC_0607

Although I was slightly bummed when I realized that Hydrangeas don’t do well in floral foam, because it meant a change in plans; now I’ll use Mums instead.

Image475x475centerpieceforluncheon

But I love the Bells of Ireland in this photo, and I’m definitely putting these in the arrangement…I’ll show you how I make the centerpieces, don’t forget to check back.

In the meantime, if all this wasn’t enough, tomorrow night I host the final Box Club meeting of the school year. Do you know what a Box Club is? It’s a group of mothers who get together once a month to put a goody box together for our college kids. Each month a mother will host it at her home, and serve a salad and a glass of wine while we catch up on all the latest news. Everyone brings an item to contribute to the boxes. It’s been such wonderful experience, although I have to admit, the timing is a bit crazy for me this month.

But I’ll take some photos and let you know how it goes.

Right now, I’m falling asleep as I write this. Forgive any typos you might see…

More Later,

Leslie

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...