Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

warm Camembert cheese with rosemary, honey & almonds

DSC_1015copy3

Sometimes the simplest foods are the best.

The other day I was in line at the grocery store thumbing through a magazine (Bon Appetit? I can’t remember) and I saw this recipe for warmed cheese and bread. Of course, I couldn’t resist. After all, cheese is my weakness, especially when it’s infused with rosemary and drizzled with warm honey. Yum...

I snapped a few photos for you because it’s a keeper. Doesn’t it seem like a perfect Fall appetizer?

Here’s the recipe.

Serves 2

  • 1 round Camembert
  • 1 tbsp water
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 2-3 sprigs of rosemary
  • handful of sliced, toasted almonds

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 325 F

Line a tray with parchment paper

2. Score the top of the Camembert and cut out the top layer of skin.

DSC_1010copy

3. Place the honey in a small pan, with water and sprig of rosemary. Warm over lower heat until fragrant about 10-15 minutes.

DSC_1011copy1

4. Drizzle honey mixture into the cut-out area of Camembert and insert a few short sprigs of rosemary into top. Bake in oven for about 5-8 minutes. But watch closely. You want it gooey but still holding it’s shape. I left mine in too long but it still tasted delicious.

DSC_1016copy1

5. Remove from oven and using flat spatula carefully transfer the cheese to a plate or wooden board. Top with toasted almonds and serve immediately with bread and salad.

And enjoy!

tumblr_mco7gueE7O1rk17keo1_500

xoxo

Leslie

 

2 comments:

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

Yum! looks delicious!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Leslie, this is my kind of meal! And your photos are certainly food for my eyes!!!!! Beautiful all round!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...