Pages

Monday, September 26, 2016

A Cozy & Casual Fall Tablescape; how to


Hello friends.
Today I decided to style a pretty Fall table for a little dinner of ours... and I wanted to share a few easy ideas you might use. You probably won't believe this, but I haven't bought a single pumpkin yet. 
So instead--I decided to do a table with some other favorite Fall items--
beginning with warm caramel and shiny, red apples.

Yep, I made me some homemade caramel apple place cards!



I used real sticks--actually had to cut some branches from my yard to get them, and basically followed the directions on the caramel bag. It's been a while since I've made these and since I wanted the apples to sit fairly flat on the plates, I decided to dip the tops.  



Before I dipped the apple I used a knife to make a slight hole in the top and then used the stick to push deep enough for the stick. 


After the hole in the top was ready for the stick, I turned the apple over and used a butter knife--gently inserted--not too deep---to dip and swirl the apple in the warm caramel before placing it on a paper plate. 
I found that it was less messy to have the hole for the stick already in the apple before dipping..

The stick goes in right away.

Next I wrapped a piece of rough Jute string around the stems --mostly for texture-- and tied a Kraft tag to the Jute string. 
Here's a better shot.

For the centerpiece I filled two vintage Copper Colanders 
( I call them strainers) 
with white Mums.


I stuffed the heavy duty brown paper--the same stuff I used for the table runner--around the dirt as a filler for the apples to sit on (I used real ones), then I added green moss into any cracks and voila!

Ok. So far here's what's on my Fall table:
Creamy white Mums
old Copper
Red Apples
Warm Caramel
Heavyweight Brown Paper--
(I used the kind in the Paint section at Home Depot because it was leftover from a project)
Are you liking some of my favorite Fall items?

Next I added plaid napkins from Target.

I used fresh berries (from grocery store) and stuck them into my twig wreaths. I got mine at the thrift store (a big bag filled with 12 for one dollar)

And then I used whatever I had. 

White dishes, wood lantern, stemware, Pier One placemats....already had.


I couldn't find any fresh Eucalypytus anywhere --so instead of fresh greens down the middle of the table --
I used some old music sheets rolled into scrolls and added some fresh apple votives. 




I like using my bar cart for soup tureen, bowls and spoons.

It's a simple table---and with the paper runner it's definitely casual, but I hope I gave you some ideas you can use.


So tell me.
Have you started decorating for Fall already?
xo
Leslie



I'm sharing this post with friends:


13 comments:

Karen said...

Leslie,
Your table is filled with ideas and inspiration and I love it. I appreciate nature's simple seasonal items, your apples, twigs and berries and the end result is so pretty and inviting.
The mums and apples in the copper colanders is so clever. Great job!
Don't you just love this time of year---even if it's in the nineties?! :-)
xo,
Karen

Van@Luxuria said...

OMG!!! Your tablescapes are always so gorgeous. I love the idea of the white flowers with the apples.
Here in the UK the beginning of Autumn is not celebrated as it is in the USA. As Autumn (Fall) is my favourite season I think I better come and live with you xx

Simply LKJ said...

Oh my gosh, you had me at the caramel apples! LOL Gorgeous.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

OH MY Leslie...how I would love to dine there! You did a creative, beautiful fall table that would make anyone feel welcome. Such a gorgeous space...and I love the bar cart idea for serving! I think we could use our cart like that! Oh. So. Wonderful.

La Contessa said...

NO!
SAD to say we do not get TRICK OR TREATERS SO I DONOT GO ALL OUT ANYMORE!
I will buy a pumpkin but not YET!IT is 95 here today at 3:OO.
I am NOT much of a seasonal decorator................never have been unless it is CHRISTMAS!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

This is so sweet! I would love to come for dinner and sit at this beautiful table and of course to munch on one of your delicious and creative apples as well. I hope that you are having a beautiful week.

Art and Sand said...

I love all your ideas.

I might just copy your idea of the colander full of apples.

michele said...

um. no. you are incredible and way ahead of the game, friend. those apples would draw anyone to the table! and i love the music scrolls as a stand in. so clever. maybe next year! i am juggling two fixer uppers at the moment and maybe even adding a third soon if our son buys a fixer upper he is smitten with. xox

Unknown said...

You have such a knack for creating beautiful, creative tablescapes, Leslie. Love the way you have styled those rustic copper colanders. I'd sit at your table any day! ;)
Happy fall!
xx, Heather

PS-I just launched my new curated travel agency and I have a fun giveaway going on to celebrate. Hope you can stop by and enter!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Leslie, I love the rustic feel of your caramel apples! The sticks and jute are perfect for a small dinner party. (And I like knowing that store-bought caramels can be melted and used when time is lacking!) So pretty...

Preppy Empty Nester said...

I'm drooling for one of those apples! LOVE your centerpieces of apples and mums. Have a great week, Leslie.

Laura said...

Your table is elegant, creative, and inspirational which is who you are.😊
The caramel apples are perfect!

Summer said...

A Beautifully styled table ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...